- College of Community Innovation and Education
- Legal Studies
Dr. Margarita Koblasz, Program Coordinator
Mrs. Kristal Johnson, Program Academic Advisor
Dr. Marc Consalo, Internship Coordinator
The Legal Studies Program provides students with a broad understanding of basic principles of law and the role and function of the legal system. While no specific major is prescribed for admission to law school, many pre-law students elect to major in legal studies. The legal studies program, in addition to preparing students for law-related careers, provides a foundation for law school or other graduate education. All of the full-time Legal Studies faculty are attorneys who are graduates of ABA-approved law schools and are available for law school advising. Pre-law students are encouraged to work closely with legal studies advisors in planning their programs. Satisfactory completion of program requirements leads to the degree of Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science with a major in Legal Studies. Students who complete the Legal Studies degree are eligible to apply for The Florida Bar Registered Paralegal designation or to sit for the national paralegal certification exams.
Legal Studies (B.A. or B.S.) may be completed fully online, although not all elective options or program prerequisites may be offered online. Newly admitted students choosing to complete this program exclusively via UCF online classes may enroll with a reduction in campus-based fees.
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Students should complete the General Education Program before transferring within the Florida College System or State University System.
- Students should consult with a departmental advisor.
- The courses designated in section 1 below may be taken at a Florida College System institution, and should usually be completed in the first 60 hours.
- 33 hours of PLA coursework must be taken at UCF.
- 2.0 in all PLA work at UCF and overall.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)