The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program builds upon the student's baccalaureate nursing education and professional experience.
The MSN program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). The Nursing and Health Care Simulation Track is delivered online with some required campus activities. It prepares graduates for developing and leading nursing and healthcare simulation programs in academic and practice settings.
The program prepares students to:
- Analyze social, economic, ethical, cultural, legal, and political issues influencing nursing practice and health-care in a global context.
- Develop and implement leadership, management, and teaching strategies for the improvement of health and health care quality and safety.
- Develop practice models of evidence-based nursing practice incorporating nursing research.
- Influence health and public policy in collaboration with other disciplines to improve systems of care and health of communities.
- Participate in research and disseminate research findings through presentation and publication.
- Synthesize advanced knowledge from the sciences, humanities, and nursing theories to support advanced nursing practice.
- Plan, evaluate and implement the delivery of health care using critical thinking skill in an advanced nursing role.
Please note: Nursing (MSN) - Nursing and Health Care Simulation may be completed fully online, although not all elective options or program prerequisites may be offered online. Newly admitted students choosing to complete this program exclusively via UCF online classes may enroll with a reduction in campus-based fees.
International students (F or J visa) are required to enroll in a full-time course load of 9 credit hours during the fall and spring semesters. Only 3 of the 9 credit hours may be taken in a completely online format. For a detailed listing of enrollment requirements for international students, please visit http://global.ucf.edu/. If you have questions, please consult UCF Global at 407-823-2337.
- April 1
- September 1