- College of Nursing
- Nursing Systems
Dr. Mary Lou Sole, Dean
Dr. Joellen Edwards, Chair, Department Of Nursing Systems
Dr. Stephen Heglund, Post-License BSN Program Director
BSN completion program for individuals who are licensed RNs. Students must complete all university-wide graduation requirements (general education, foreign language, Gordon Rule, etc.). All courses are available online and some courses may be offered face-to-face as well. For more information, see http://distrib.ucf.edu/home, and http://www.nursing.ucf.edu.
Nursing RN (B.S.N.) – AS to BS may be completed fully online, although not all elective options or program prerequisites may be offered online. Newly admitted students choosing to complete this program exclusively via UCF online classes may enroll with a reduction in campus-based fees.
- Acceptance to the university does not constitute admission to the upper division nursing program. For application deadlines, please visit http://www.nursing.ucf.edu.
- Admission to the University must be completed by the program application deadline.
- All applicants must have graduated from an approved or accredited associate degree or diploma nursing program.
- All applicants must have current Licensure as an RN.
- All applicants must have completed the UCF General Education Program (GEP) requirements or completed an AA degree from a Florida College System or State University System institution or have no more than a total of 9 credit hours remaining to meet UCF General Education and/or Foreign Language graduation requirements.
- At least seven (7) of the eight (8) Common Program Prerequisites must e completed by the program application deadline with at least a grade of “C” (2.0) or better in each course.
- All applicants must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.8.
- All 8 prerequisite courses must be completed before program begins.
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog year, including minors.
- Students should consult with a college advisor or Florida College System A.A. transfer advisor regarding completion of General Education Program requirements.
- Students should consult with an advisor in the College of Nursing Undergraduate Student Services Office for clarification or questions regarding Common Program Prerequisites (CPP) requirements.
- The courses designated in sections 1 and 2 below may be taken at a Florida College System or State University System institution.
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.5 and a minimum 2.5 GPA in the nursing major are required for continuation in and graduation from the nursing program.
- UCF Residency Requirement: 30 hours.
- The courses designated in UCF General Education Program (GEP) and Foreign Language Requirements must be completed prior to enrolling in the third semester in the BSN program. Students may have no more than 9 hours of outstanding coursework in these two areas at the time of admission.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)