- College of Business
Students interested in majoring in marketing have two options: the marketing management track or the professional selling track. The marketing management track provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in entry-level positions in marketing management, product/brand management, or positions in retail, sales, market research, or promotion. The professional selling track prepares students for positions in B-B selling, with the potential to advance into either sales management or marketing management. Not eligible for a double degree with another College of Business Administration major.
- Completion of the UCF General Education program and Gordon Rule, or an AA degree from a Florida College System or State University System institution, and completion of each Common Program Prerequisite course with a “C” (2.0) or better.
- Completion of the following courses at UCF or at an AACSB accredited institution: QMB 3200, MAR 3023, FIN 3403, MAN 3025, and ACG 3173, with a GPA of at least 3.0, a grade of at least “B” (3.0) in MAR 3023, and no grade below a “C” (2.0). One course may be repeated one time in the next term of enrollment to meet these requirements.
- See Common Program PrerequisitesÂ
- A student’s academic catalog year guarantees their graduation requirements, but not their admission requirements. All pre-majors are held to the current admission standards. This applies to both native and transfer students.
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Students wanting to major in Marketing must apply for admission to the major.
- Any student receiving a business degree must complete a minimum of 30 of the 60 upper level business credit hours for their degree program in the UCF College of Business Administration. Additionally, 12 of the 30 credit hours completed at UCF must be from the department or school in which the student majors.
- For students seeking a double major within the College of Business, a maximum of 6 hours of Required Courses for the Major or Restricted Electives may count towards another business major.
- A maximum of 6 hours of Core Requirements or Restricted Electives may count towards another degree program or minor.
- Students in the Marketing major must maintain a 2.75 or higher cumulative Grade Point Average in all 3000 level or higher Marketing courses and a 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA in all College of Business courses taken at UCF. Failure to maintain the required GPAs will result in the student being placed on Lack of Progress in the major and/or College. If a student on Lack of Progress fails to achieve the minimum required GPA in the subsequent term, the student will be dropped as a Marketing major and/or College of Business student. A student who is dropped may seek re-admittance into the College or major by submitting a letter indicating the reasons for academic difficulties and positive plans for achieving the required GPA. Readmission is not automatic or guaranteed and as an exception to College policy is rarely granted.
- Students must earn a “B” or higher in MAR 3023. In addition, only grades of “C” (2.0) or higher transfer into the program and students must earn a minimum of “C” (2.0) or higher in all business courses. This includes all courses under requirements Common Program Prerequisites (CPP), Core Requirements: Basic Level, Core Requirements: Advanced Level, Restricted Electives, and Capstone Requirements below.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
Learn more about program tuition and fees.