- College of Sciences
Associate Chair & Professor: Dr. Joseph Brennan
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Departmental Residency Requirement: at least 24 semester hours of regularly scheduled 3000-4000 level courses must be taken from the UCF Mathematics Department.
- Students must earn at least a “C” (2.0) in each course used to satisfy a requirement.
- Students must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all courses satisfying major requirements.
- Co-op or internship credit cannot be used in this major.
- Students should consult with a departmental advisor.
- All prerequisites of courses taught within the College of Sciences will be enforced.
- Courses designated in 1 (General Ed Program) and 2 (Common Program Prerequisites) are usually completed in the first 60 hours.
- All mathematics courses, except the following, must be either taken from, or approved by, the Department of Mathematics at UCF:
- MAC 2311C – Calculus with Analytic Geometry I Credit Hours: 4
- MAC 2312 – Calculus with Analytic Geometry II Credit Hours: 4
- MAC 2313 – Calculus with Analytic Geometry III Credit Hours: 4
- MAP 2302 – Ordinary Differential Equations I Credit Hours: 3
Note: the following courses will not satisfy any Math degree requirements:
- MTG 4212 – Modern Geometries Credit Hours: 4
- MHF 4404 – History of Mathematics Credit Hours: 3
Tuition and Fees
UCF is ranked as a best-value university by The Princeton Review and Kiplinger, and one of the nation’s most affordable colleges by Forbes.
$212.28 per credit hour
Learn more about program tuition and fees.