- Students wanting to declare a major in an engineering discipline must be in good academic standing and must have a "C" (2.0) or better in each of the following courses or their equivalents: MAC 2311C, MAC 2312, PHY 2048C, and CHM 2045C or CHS 1440.
- Students wanting to declare a major in an engineering discipline must complete a change of major in the term of completion of the final pending prerequisite course(s) listed above.
- The Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department requires all students in the Mechanical Engineering Major to earn a "C" (2.0) or Better in the following sections: Common Program Pre-requisites (CPP), Core Requirements Basic Level, Core Requirements - Advanced Level, Restricted / Approved Technical Electives, and Capstone Requirement
- Students in the Mechanical Engineering major are expected to make consistent good progress toward their degrees to remain enrolled in, or eligible for, any major in the College of Engineering & Computer Science (CECS) or the College of Optics and Photonics (COP). Therefore, any student majoring in Mechanical Engineering who repeats any UCF course and does not earn a grade of "C" (2.0) or better on the second attempt will be placed on Lack of Progress Probation and remain on Lack of Progress Probation as long as the student is enrolled in a CECS or COP major. If a student on Lack of Progress Probation does not receive a grade of "C" (2.0) or better by the third attempt in the same UCF course, the student will be excluded from all CECS and COP majors. Any student majoring in Mechanical Engineering who has accumulated 7 or more unsuccessful attempts (i.e., grades below "C" (2.0) and withdrawals) over all courses taken at UCF will be placed on Lack of Progress Probation and remain on Lack of Progress Probation as long as the student is enrolled in a CECS or COP major. If a student on Lack of Progress Probation has a tenth unsuccessful attempt over all courses taken at UCF, the student will be excluded from all CECS and COP majors.
- A student who is excluded from CECS and COP majors may seek readmission to a major in CECS or COP after at least one full year has passed since exclusion. Readmission is not automatic and is dependent upon a high probability of success after readmission. Any student who is readmitted to the Mechanical Engineering major will be subject to all probation conditions that applied at the time of exclusion.
Undergraduate Application Deadlines
- May 1
- November 1
- March 1
- July 1
- November 1
- March 1
- March 1
- September 1
- January 1
Ready to get started?
UCF prepares you for life beyond the classroom. Here, you’ll experience a wide range of opportunity, like learning diverse skills from world-renowned faculty to networking with top employers across Central Florida to gaining first-hand experience in internships nearby. Achieve your degree and more as a Knight.
- Aeronautical Engineering Professor
- Aircraft Designer
- Auto Research Engineer
- Ceramic Engineering Professor
- Chemical Engineering Professor
- Civil Engineering Professor
- Combustion Engineer
- Construction Estimator
- Crating and Moving Estimator
- Electrical Engineering Director
- Electrical Estimator
- Electronics Engineering Professor
- Flight Test Engineer
- Global Engineering Manager
- Industrial Engineering Professor
- Marine Engineering Professor
- Process Engineering Manager
- Production Cost Estimator
- Tool Engineer
- Wind Tunnel Engineer