- College of Business Administration
College of Business Administration
Department of Economics, Business Administration II, Room: 305
Dr. Nora Underwood, email@example.com
The Business Economics major for the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration is designed for students who wish to receive specialized training in Economics along with core skills in business administration. Flexibility to select from a variety of courses allows students to customize their education program to their personal interests and career goals. This degree provides skills and training for careers in business and industry, law, government, politics, teaching, research, and a variety of other areas. This degree also provides a strong foundation for future graduate studies in business, economics, law and public administration. Not eligible for a double degree with another College of Business Administration major.
- Completion of the UCF General Education program and Gordon Rule, or an AA degree from a Florida College System or State University System institution, and completion of each Common Program Prerequisite course with a “C” (2.0) or better.
- Completion of the following courses at UCF or at an AACSB accredited institution: QMB 3200, MAR 3023, FIN 3403, MAN 3025, and ACG 3173, with a GPA of “C” (2.0) or better. One course may be repeated one time in the next term of enrollment to meet these requirements.
- See Common Program Prerequisites
- A student’s academic catalog year guarantees their graduation requirements, but not their admission requirements. All pre-majors are held to the current admission standards. This applies to both native and transfer students.
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Students wanting to major in Business Economics must apply for admission to the major.
- Any student receiving a business degree must complete a minimum of 30 of the 61 upper level business credit hours for their degree program in the UCF College of Business Administration. Additionally, 12 of the 30 credit hours completed at UCF must be from the department or school in which the student majors.
- For students seeking a double major within the College of Business, a maximum of 6 hours of Required Courses for the Major or Restricted Electives may count towards another business major.
- A maximum of 6 hours of Core Requirements or Restricted Electives may count towards another degree program or minor.
- Students in the Economics major must maintain a 2.0 or higher cumulative Grade Point Average in all major courses taken at UCF and a 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA in all College of Business courses taken at UCF. Failure to maintain the required GPAs will result in the student being placed on Lack of Progress in the major and/or College. If a student on Lack of Progress fails to achieve the minimum required GPA in the subsequent term of enrollment, the student will be dismissed from the Economics major and/or College of Business. A student who is dismissed may seek consideration for re-admittance into the College or major by submitting a letter indicating the reasons for academic difficulties and positive plans for achieving the required GPA. Readmission is not automatic or guaranteed and as an exception to College policy is rarely granted.
- Students majoring in Economics must earn a grade of “C” (2.0) or better in the following course and each course applied towards the major:
QMB 3200 – Quantitative Business Tools II Credit Hours: 3
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)