- College of Community Innovation and Education
- Teacher Education, Schl of
College of Education and Human Performance
School of Teaching, Learning, and Leadership,
Education Complex, Room: 209
Education Track: Dr. Elizabeth Hoffman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 407-823-4833
The Elementary Education program offers students the option of two tracks: Elementary Education – Education track (K-6 certification with ESOL and Reading Endorsements) and Elementary Education – Lifelong Learning track (non-certification). The Education track is appropriate for students interested in opportunities for employment with formal K-6 schools that require certification. The Lifelong Learning (LLL) track is appropriate for students seeking opportunities for employment outside formal, K-12 schools that do not require certification.
- Complete the University General Education requirements or its equivalent, i.e., an AA degree from an approved Florida College System or State University System institution.
- Have a minimum 2.5 overall GPA.
- Complete EDF 2005 Introduction to Teaching Profession course with a minimum letter grade of “C-” (1.75) or better.
- Meet the Gordon Rule Requirement.
- Meet the Foreign Language Admission Requirement.
- Pass all four parts of the General Knowledge Test (no alternatives or waivers are accepted).
Lifelong Learning Track
- Complete all Core Requirements: Basic Level courses with a minimum letter grade of “C-” (1.75) or better.
- The Lifelong Learning Track is a non-certification program and does not require the General Knowledge Test (GKT).
- Students should see an advisor prior to registering for classes.
- The courses designated in 1 (UCF General Education Program) and 2 (Education Common Program Prerequisites) should be completed prior to admission to the major and upper division education courses.
- The Education track (K-6) is a state-approved, initial teacher preparation program designed in compliance with Florida Statutes and State Board of Education Rule 6A-5.066. Degree requirements are subject to change based on state mandates.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)