- College of Community Innovation and Education
- Legal Studies Legal Studies Department
College of Community Innovation and Education
Department of Legal Studies,
UCF Downtown, Dr. Phillips Academic Commons (DPAC), Room: 430
Dr. Margarita Koblasz, Program Coordinator
Mrs. Kristal Johnson, Program Academic Advisor
Dr. Marc Consalo, Internship Coordinator
The Legal Studies program provides students with a broad understanding of basic principles of the law and the role and function of the legal system. In addition to preparing students for law-related careers, the program provides a solid foundation for law school. While no specific major is required for admission to law school, a degree in Legal Studies presents students with an unparalleled opportunity for law school preparation. All Legal Studies faculty are graduates of ABA-approved law schools, and practice/have practiced law.
Legal Studies students are encouraged to work closely with their program advisor in planning degree completion and career goals. Satisfactory completion of program requirements leads to the degree of Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Legal Studies. The B.A. requires two semesters of college-level foreign language; the B.S. requires two years of high school foreign language.
Legal Studies (B.A. or B.S.) may be completed fully online, although not all elective options or program prerequisites may be offered online. Newly admitted students choosing to complete this program exclusively via UCF online classes may enroll with a reduction in campus-based fees.
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Students should complete the General Education Program before transferring within the Florida College System or State University System.
- Students should regularly meet with their program advisor.
- The courses designated in section 1 below may be taken at a Florida College System institution, and should usually be completed in the first 60 hours.
- 33 hours of PLA coursework must be taken at UCF.
- 2.0 in all PLA coursework at UCF and overall.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
Learn more about program tuition and fees.