- College of Health Professions and Sciences
- Social Work, Schl of
BSW Program Director: Robin Kohn
Interim Director, Professor: Dr. Ana Leon
BSW Academic Advisor: Tracy Griffith
- Acceptance to the University does not necessarily constitute admission to the upper division social work program. Separate application to the limited access program must be made to the School of Social Work. Students are admitted to the undergraduate program only in the Summer or Fall terms. To be considered for admission to the program, students must have:
- Admission to the University.
- A 2.5 overall GPA.
- An AA (from a Florida College System or State University System institution) or UCF General Education Program and Gordon Rule requirement.
- 15 semester hours common program prerequisites completed with a “C” (2.0) or better in each course (see Section 2 below for list of courses)
- This limited access program is work-intensive. Due to this it is strongly recommended that students be at least one year post high school prior to applying to the program. Students with concerns or questions should contact the program to schedule an appointment with an advisor.
- Personal qualifications considered for acceptance include intelligence, initiative, social concern, appreciation for human diversity, dependability, humanitarian interests in helping people and in improving human services and college-level reading and writing skills.
- Students who are pending Social Work and are admitted to the program must adopt the most current catalog.
- Residency Requirement consists of at least 30 semester hours of regularly scheduled 3000-4000 level courses taken from the UCF School of Social Work.
- Students should complete the General Education Program and the Common Program Prerequisite Requirements before beginning the Social Work Program.
- Students entering the social work program and completing the program prerequisites including Statistics are required to earn a minimum of “C” (2.0) in each course.
- Students should consult with a school advisor.
- The courses designated in sections 1 (general education) and 2 (common program prerequisites) below may be taken at a college or university other than UCF, and should usually be completed in the first 60 hours.
- Students meeting the six hours of cultural diversity requirement must earn a minimum of “C” (2.0) in each course.
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.5 is required in all Social Work courses with a minimum grade of “C” (2.0) in each course.
- Students must earn an overall GPA of 2.5 for entry into field education (SOW 4510 or SOW 4941 part-time) and to be eligible for graduation from the Social Work Program.
- Students must complete all the requirements listed in 1-11 below.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
Learn more about program tuition and fees.