- College of Arts and Humanities
Kirk Gay, email@example.com, 407-823-5968
- Each student must complete an audition that demonstrates satisfactory performance proficiency.
- The audition will serve as a placement examination for accepted candidates
- Prior to attending the first music class as a music major at UCF, all students must take a keyboard placement examination to determine the appropriate level of class piano. Go to https://music.cah.ucf.edu/ to see the class piano requirements.
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Departmental Residency Requirement; at least 25 hours must be taken from the UCF Music department
- Each student must complete a faculty approved capstone project.
- Co-op or internship credit cannot be used in this major
- Students should consult with a departmental advisor for course selections
- Courses designated in General Education Program are usually spread over the full four years
- Courses designated in Common Program Prerequisites are usually completed in the first 60 hours
- A cumulative minimum GPA of 3.00 based upon all courses required in the major as well as all courses taken in music is required. Failure to maintain this standard may result in program probation or dismissal. Please refer to the SPA Student Handbook (http://performingarts.cah.ucf.edu/music/resources) for details on program standards.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
The approximate tuition cost for one year in this program at UCF based on a full time schedule (30 credit hours per year)