Explore the Human Mind to Gain a Deeper Understanding of Behavior
The bachelor’s in psychology program at UCF is designed to provide you with a strong education in the core areas in the psychological sciences while offering the flexibility of designing your curriculum around different areas of emphasis. Gain a broad foundation of knowledge in the discipline of psychology and learn first hand how to evaluate various psychological information that you may encounter outside of the classroom. Interested in a specific topic within psychology? At UCF, you have the opportunity to choose from six different tracks available to customize your educational experiences. Plus, take your classes on campus or 100% online through UCF Online’s psychology program.
As a psychology major, you’ll learn basic psychology terminology and concepts used in statistical and research methods, physiological psychology, and history and systems. Throughout your coursework, learn from leaders in the field of clinical psychology, industrial-organization psychology, human factors psychology and neuroscience. You’ll also be given the unique experience of participating in two career-readiness and competency courses based on National Association of Colleges and Employers recommendations, which help you with writing a resume, applying for jobs, interviewing skills and navigating the opportunities that come with being in one of the largest degree programs at UCF. But there’s much more to the program than your classwork. Here, you can get involved and meet students just like you through extracurricular activities — from volunteer work to internships to a number of student organizations.
After graduating with your bachelor’s in psychology, you’ll be able to take what you’ve learned and apply it to your work and around the community. Whether you choose to pursue an advanced degree or enter into the workforce, there are a number of opportunities available to help you achieve your goals.
Undergraduate Application Deadlines
- May 1
- November 1
- March 1
- July 1
- November 1
- March 1
- March 1
- September 1
- January 1
Ready to get started?
Gain a broad understanding of the classification, causation and treatment of deviant patterns of behavior.
Cross Cultural Psychology
Explore theories, issues and research concerned with the psychological understanding of under-represented minority groups.
Examine the effects of genetic, psychological, maturational and social factors on behavior throughout the life cycle.
Psychology Skills You’ll Learn
- Explore a variety of topic areas through classroom instruction and research, which provides you with the opportunity for exposure to a broad range of the scientific and applied topics that constitute the field of psychology.
- Gain an understanding of basic psychology terminology and concepts used in statistical and research methods, physiological psychology, and history and systems to evaluate psychological information that you may encounter in the real world.
- Enhance the local community and the profession of psychology by participating in extracurricular activities such as research, volunteer and internships, as well as various student organizations that are affiliated with the major.
- Managers in various fields
- Nonprofit roles
- Business positions, such as human resources
- Higher education administrators
- K-12 teachers
- Government employees
- Customer service positions
- Public relations
- Service providers
News and Updates
How Fake News Affects U.S. Elections
UCF Lecturer Chrysalis Wright, who was appointed to the UN’s Communications Coordination Committee, shares insight on one of the threats to our democracy.
UCF Professor Wins Another National Award for his Work in Human Factors
UCF psychology Professor Peter Hancock has been named the Aerospace Human Factors Association’s William Collins Award recipient for 2020. This is the second time Hancock…
UCF Awarded $170K Grant to Explore Cybersecurity Risks Amid COVID-19
UCF faculty members Clay Posey and Mindy Shoss will research behaviors of temporary work-from-home employees.